Requirements for the minor in Accounting
Students may apply to the accounting minor at any time during their academic career provided that their cumulative grade point average is 3.20 or higher. Business and non-business majors may complete the accounting minor. However, the accounting minor will not fulfill the minor requirement for those students who major in business. In order to meet this requirement, a second minor in addition to the accounting minor must be completed.
For business majors, successful completion of the accounting minor will satisfy the accounting specialization requirement. However, only the accounting minor will be reflected on the student’s academic transcript.
Completion of the minor requires 24 credits.
The following courses comprise the accounting minor:
- ACC 210 Financial Accounting
- ACC 214 Managerial Cost Analysis and Applications
- ACC 310 Intermediate Accounting I
- ACC 311 Federal Income Taxation I
- ACC 313 Intermediate Accounting II
- ACC 314 Federal Income Taxation II
- ACC 400 External Auditing
- BUS 325 Legal Environment of Business or POL 319 Business Law
All courses must be taken for a letter grade and passed with a grade of C or higher.
Transfer Credit Policy for Students in the Accounting Minor
Students may apply a maximum of nine transfer credits toward the Accounting Minor.