Requirements for the minor in Accounting
Students may apply to the accounting minor at any time during their academic career provided that their cumulative grade point average is 3.20 or higher. Business and non-business majors may complete the accounting minor. However, the accounting minor will not fulfill the minor requirement for those students who major in business. In order to meet this requirement, a second minor in addition to the accounting minor must be completed.
For business majors, successful completion of the accounting minor will satisfy the accounting specialization requirement. However, only the accounting minor will be reflected on the student’s academic transcript.
Completion of the minor requires 24 credits.
The following courses comprise the accounting minor:
- BUS 210 Financial Accounting
- BUS 214 Managerial Cost Analysis and Applications
- BUS 310 Intermediate Accounting I
- BUS 311 Federal Income Taxation I
- BUS 312 Financial Statement Reporting and Analysis
- BUS 313 Intermediate Accounting II
- BUS 314 Federal Income Taxation II
- BUS 325 Legal Environment of Business or POL 319 Business Law
All courses must be taken for a letter grade and passed with a grade of C or higher.
Transfer Credit Policy for Students in the Accounting Minor
Students may apply a maximum of nine transfer credits toward the Accounting Minor.