Pre-Application Requirements for the Major in Clinical Laboratory Sciences1. 3 credits of English composition
2. 6 credits in the arts and/or humanities, excluding performance, studio, skills, and techniques courses
3. 6 credits in the social and behavioral sciences
4. 12 credits of chemistry with labs (including one course in organic chemistry)
5. 8 credits of biology with labs (See Note 1)
6. 3 credits of microbiology
7. 3 credits of statistics
8. 2.50 cumulative g.p.a.
1. Students completing the courses at Stony Brook should take BIO 202, BIO 203, and BIO 204 Fundamentals of Biology.
2. Courses in anatomy, computer literacy, genetics, molecular biology, and physiology are recommended.
3. Stony Brook freshmen are eligible to declare clinical laboratory sciences as a major. In addition to the requirements listed above, students in this four-year program must successfully complete HAD 210 Introduction to Clinical Laboratory Sciences with a grade of B+ or higher.
For more information, please visit http://www.hsc.stonybrook.edu/shtm/index.cfm.