Requirements for the Minor in Adapted Aquatics
Requirements for Admission
Admission to the minor is by permission of the program director. It is preferred that students declare their intent to minor in adapted aquatics no later than the beginning of the sophomore year.
Requirements for the Minor in Adapted Aquatics (HSQ)
All courses offered for the minor must be passed with a letter grade of C or higher.
Completion of the minor requires 23 credits.
- HSQ 121 Intermediate Swimming
- HSQ 221 Lifeguard Training I
- HSQ 222 Lifeguard Training II
- HSQ 223 Water Safety Instructor
- HSQ 270 Emergency Response, CPR, and Personal Safety
- HSQ 271 Instructor of CPR
- HSQ 272 Instructor of First Aid
- HSQ 325 Instructor of Adapted Aquatics I
- HSQ 326 Instructor of Adapted Aquatics II
- HSQ 329 Fieldwork in Adapted Aquatics Instruction (may be repeated for a maximum of 3 credits)
- HSQ 475 Adapted Aquatics Teaching Practicum I
- HSQ 476 Adapted Aquatics Teaching Practicum II