Pre-Application Requirements for the Major in Social Work
1. 3 credits of English composition
2. 3 credits in fine arts, excluding design or skills improvement courses
3. 3 credits of American political systems
4. 3 credits of introductory anthropology or sociology
5. 3 credits of introductory psychology
6. 3 credits of American history (post-Reconstruction)
7. 3-4 credits of introductory human biology
8. 3-4 credits of college-level mathematics
9. 3 credits of humanities (excluding elementary languages)
10. 3 credits of foreign language
11. 2.5 cumulative G.P.A.
Applicants should have demonstrated interest in the social welfare field through paid or volunteer experience in programs aimed at social improvement.
For additional information please visit http://www.socialwelfare.stonybrookmedicine.edu