Requirements for the Minor in International Studies (INT)
All courses offered for the minor must be passed with a letter grade of C or higher.
Completion of the minor requires 20 credits.
- INT 201 Democracy and Capitalism
- Two courses chosen from the following:
- AMR 101 Local and Global: National Boundaries and World-Systems
- ANT 102 Introduction to Cultural Anthropology
- ANT 230 Peoples of the World
- EUR 101 The Foundations of European Culture
- EUR 201 The Development of European Culture
- LIN 101 Introduction to Linguistics
- PHI 105 Politics and Society
- POL 101 World Politics
- POL 103 Introduction to Comparative Politics
- SOC 105 Introduction to Sociology
3. Three courses (9 credits) from any department focusing on the student's regional area of study. Two of these courses must be numbered 300 or higher.
4. INT 401 Global Social Problems
Note: With the approval of the director, study abroad may substitute for Requirement 3 above.
Declaration of the MinorStudents should declare the International Studies minor during their sophomore year or the beginning of the junior year, at which time they consult the director and plan their course of study.