Requirements for the Minor in Community Service Learning (LCR)
Before declaring the minor in community service learning, each student should plan his or her program in consultation with the faculty director. All courses must be passed with a letter grade of C or higher.
Completion of the minor requires 23 credits.1. LCR 200 The Nature of Community
2. LCR 201 Methods for Social Action Research
3. Elective Course Sequence:
Three lower-division credits and three upper-division credits in courses to be chosen in consultation with the faculty director
4. LCR 487 Directed Research in Community Service Learning, for a total of 3 credits
5. LCR 488 Community Service Learning InternshipStudents are required to register for LCR 488 Community Service Learning Internship for two semesters, for a total of 6 credits
6. LCR 490 Senior Seminar in Community Service Learning
Declaration of the Minor
Students must declare the Community Service Learning minor no later than the middle of their third year, at which time they consult with the director of the minor and plan their course of study for fulfillment of the requirements.