Students who wish to have Stony Brook transcripts forwarded to another institution or agency, or to themselves for their own use, must submit their requests at least two weeks before the transcripts are needed. Requests can be made via a student’s SOLAR account, an online request form, mail, by fax, or in person at the cashier window of the Bursar’s Office. The fee for each transcript is $5. Each request must include:

• Your name;

• Your social security number or student ID;

• Your current address and telephone numbers (both day and evening);

• Your degree date or term of last attendance;

• The exact address to which you want your transcript sent.

If making requests by mail, address a letter and mail payment to Transcripts, P.O. Box 619, Stony Brook, NY 11790-0619. Fax requests require a VISA, MC, or Discover card number and expiration, and your signature as approval to charge your credit card; send information to (631) 632-9318. For additional information, visit How to Order Official Transcripts.

All financial obligations to the University must be satisfied before a transcript can be released. A request for a transcript must be made by the student. Students who have both an undergraduate and a graduate transcript and want only one of them sent should specify it in their request. Partial transcripts of either the undergraduate or graduate academic records are not issued.